REGISTER RIGHT HERE
This week’s lab is on Branding “How do you position your company brand to be ATTRACTIVE to Government Buyers.” We discuss how to create a Structure, Look & Feel that helps the government to understand your business. This lab is designed to help you lay the foundation and visual image of your company for government agencies, primes, potential teaming partners and other vendors. We will discuss homework and cover examples, feel free to ask questions.
- Business infrastructure & its importance - impression of your Business Name
- Why is branding for government agencies different then in the commercial sector?
- How to Create a Powerful Capability Statement (6 C’s)
- Review samples of Capability Statements
- Q&A time
- Review attendees’ Capability Statement &/or brief discussion & Biz Card example
- Submit content for review prior to class: link: https://forms.gle/zai6Qpgb8oTJEsnX8
CLASS TIME: Wednesday from 1pm to 2pm EST/ 10am to 11am PST
LOCATION: Online (Remote access will be emailed to confirmed registrants)
REGISTER RIGHT HERE
Classes are awesome, but Labs are even better. Come join us weekly as we train and prepare you to capture government contracts. These Lab sessions are designed to prepare CCM students with hands-on support through your government contracting journey.
Also, these lab sessions are open to all GCA members, partner members and the public. You're welcome to attend the labs with the CCM students. Join the official CCM program when you're ready to receive all the course material and software.
Get all the benefits of being in the CCM Program: www.capturemanagement.org
- Branding Labs: Get help with your business infrastructure, branding, business name, capability statement, capability brief, capability website, capability video, business card, etc.
- Marketing Labs: Learn about networking, relationship building, creating your Dream 100, email marketing, competitor research, etc.
- Proposal Labs: Used to dive deeper into proposal writing, cost estimation, competitor research, go-or-no go decisions, creating a requirement matrix, reviewing your proposals, compliance, etc.
- Open Labs: These labs are set up as open office hours for you to attend to get extra help. It's designed to help you get caught up, ask questions, review homework, AMA: ask-me-anything, or other items you may need support with.
SUBMIT CONTENT TO BE REVIEWED DURING LAB SESSIONS
Use this link to submit content:
Each Lab will follow this general agenda outlined here: (agenda may change based on topics)
- 5 minutes of intro, chat, status update
- 15 minutes of PPT training on a specific topic for the week
- 10 minutes of Q&A about the week’s lesson or any other items
- 25 minutes of reviewing specific students work (students should submit content for review prior to class)
- 5 minutes of announcements, final comments
Submit content for review prior to class: link: https://forms.gle/zai6Qpgb8oTJEsnX8
We cover a new topic each session. We will guide you through our 12 Steps to Winning Government Contract Methodology.
1) ASSESSMENT: Do you have resources? finances, credit, hr/strong staff, talents, mobilization capital
2) STRATEGY: Do you have a strategic plan? short/long term, jv, teaming, mentor protégé, sub, prime
3) EDUCATION: Do you speak governese? Understand contracting language, regulations, policies, standards, etc
4) REGISTRATION: How to get registered for opportunities. What certifications will you need, etc.
5) IMAGE: How's your brand? strong, recognizable, broad, reputation, past performance
6) MARKETING: Capability statement, biz card, website, marketing collateral, brand that speaks to gov't buyers?
7) RELATIONSHIP: Do you have the proper types of relationships in the gov't market. Triangle of relationships
8) OPPORTUNITY: Do you know where to find oppty’s, FBO, bid match, past awards, prospecting, etc?
9) PROPOSAL: Can you write proposals? Can you learn or hire one? technical experts, estimators
10) PERFORMANCE: Can you deliver and perform or do you need subs?
11) COMPLIANCE: Are you DCAA compliant? accounting system, cyber ready, QA program, insurance, bonding?
12) CLOSURE: Successful completion of project? Proper close out? Paid yet? ACO happy?
Who Should Attend:
- CCM students
- BD/Sales professionals
- CEO, Executives and key decision makers of companies
- Entrepreneurs and small business owners
- Business Development Managers
- Consultants looking to grow professionally
- Capture managers looking to gain a competitive edge
- Contracting professionals and government employees
- All members of Government Contractors Association
- Primes, subcontractors, & potential teaming partners
- New & existing business owners interested in expanding into the government market